Consular Practice

An individual who has an approved immigrant petition and has an immigrant visa number immediately available is allowed to apply at a United States Department of State Consulate abroad for an immigrant visa in order to come to the United States and be admitted as a permanent resident. This pathway is referred to as “consular processing.

How can you apply for an immigrant visa?

If an individual is in another country, he or she may apply for a visa or green card in the US embassy of his or her home country. Working from our offices, we are able to facilitate all of the paperwork and applications, and contact the consular officers to facilitate approval of the application.

How can The Shulman Law Group help you?

The immigration attorneys at Shulman Law Group have experience working with the various consulates and embassies. If you have been denied an immigration visa, we will try to reverse the decision by seeking a waiver or other proof that the visa should be granted. We are fully committed to our clients. When necessary, our immigration lawyers have traveled to foreign embassies and consulates to directly handle problematic situations for clients.

If you need a visa, wish to immigrate, or want to help bring a family member or employee to the United States, we can help. Contact our NJ office for more information or to schedule an appointment.