Student Visas

An individual seeking to be a student in the United States typically files for an F-1 visa (F-1 Nonimmigrant Student).  A student in F-1 nonimmigrant status (Academic Student) is an individual who has been admitted to the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program.

The student must be enrolled in a program or course of study that results in obtaining a degree, diploma, or certificate and the school must be authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students.